From health services, over chemical processes and digital publishing to programmatic advertising - digital technologies change our personal and professional life.
This change is enabled by entrepreneurs who take the opportunities of a newly arising startup ecosystem. In this event, we connect postdocs and young academics from across Europe with corporates and decision makers from the startup ecosystem in an intimate environment.
- Get in touch with decision makers such as founders, managers, investors, politicians, and researchers from the digital startup ecosystem in Berlin
- Learn more about Entrepreneurship in a startup ecosystem.
How does this ecosystem help your idea to become a thriving venture?
How can you make use of an ecosystem to initiate entrepreneurial projects?
- Extend your personal and professional network with postdocs from Austria, England, France, Germany, Netherlands, and Scotland.
No matter if you are doing your first step as an entrepreneur or if you already launched your research-based startup, we offer you workshops to learn more about successfully developing ideas into thriving ventures. Learn from successful cases of digital business and from fail-stories of experienced entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurs and the Startup Ecosystem
(1) 1:30 PM: Opening and Keynote on the Digital Startup Ecosystem
Keynote on the digital Startup Ecosystem by Professor Rahul Basole
Associate Professor and Associate Director, Tennenbaum Institute, Georgia Institute of Technology (USA)
(2) Panel Discussion and Meet-the-Speaker
Actors from the startup ecosystem share insights about starting knowledge-intensive or technology-related ventures.
Mirco Dragowski (CEO, German Startup Association) moderates the panel discussion.
Staatssekretär Senate Department for Economics Berlin
CEO Trinckle 3D
Chief Scientist, Astra Zeneca
Private Venture Capital
Investment Manager, Project A
Corporate Venture Capital
Senior Investment Manager, Deutsche Bahn AG
(3) Dinner and "Learn-from-Failure"-Night
Entrepreneurs share stories of what they have learned from their "failures".
Digitalization and the Startup Ecosystem
(1) 9:00 AM: Entrepreneurial Breakfast
Share your ideas and resolve your questions in person. Explore and create opportunities with academics, professionals and entrepreneurs over a joint breakfast.
(2) Case Studies of Digital Entrepreneurs
We discuss three cases on how digital technologies enable new products and services; illustrating opportunities for new ventures from academics.
- Case on Digital Platforms
Daimler FleetBoard GmbH
- Case on Digital Innovation
Deutsche Bahn AG
- Case on Data-driven Change
(3) Workshops for your next steps
Participants can choose from three workshops, according to their current needs and interest.
- (a) Proposing a value proposition to prepare your business model from scratch
by Anja Rießland
(Deutsche Bahn Training)
- (b) Business Model Innovation - from Start-up to Industry
by Tobias Friedrich
(Acceleration & Incubation Deutsche Bahn Systel)
- (c) Quickly build and learn what your customers want - Minimum Viable Products
by Professor Hannes Rothe
(Assistant Professor, Freie Universität Berlin)
- (d) Finding the investors for my venture
by Milos Spiridonovic
(Head of Startups@Berlin, Deutsche Bank)
- (e) Pitching your idea to partners, investors, and customers
by Bjørn de Wildt
(Stage Director and Actor)
We meet at the cultural and entrepreneurial epicentre, Berlin Mitte - at Spreewerkstätten Berlin
Save your Seat at the Event
Establish relationships with academics, entrepreneurs, and corporates,
A limited amount of spaces are avaiable for professionals:
Places for postdocs, academics, and partners are sponsored and have special conditions:
Postdocs and academics from non-partner institutions participate at cost-price
150 EUR (excl. VAT)
Partners from Cambridge University, Paris PSL, Glasgow University, Innsbruck University and Freie Universität Berlin get in touch with your local representatives.
Registration for partners